Job Number: 5687
Job Title: Civil Engineer
Location: Raleigh, NC
Relocation Available: No, the candidate must be local
Job Type: Permanent/Full-Time
Our client, located in Raleigh, North Carolina, is currently seeking to fill the position of Civil Engineer. If you are motivated and professional individual, who will improve the efficiency of their team, we encourage you to apply today!
This position provides an opportunity for an established civil engineer to join a team of engineering and environmental scientists to provide a comprehensive range of services to clients in civil and environmental engineering, surveying and environmental consulting.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related.
• 5+ years of site and infrastructure design experience (water, wastewater, drainage, roads).
• AutoCAD and Civil 3D experience preferred.
• Construction management experience and knowledge of surveying principals are pluses.
• Perform project work under supervision of Managing Engineer.
• Provide engineering solutions in site design, water, wastewater, and environmental facilities to public and private clients.
• Perform construction oversight and field documentation.
• Coordinate design efforts with various other professional disciplines including geotechnical, surveying, hydrogeological, and environmental.
• Support business development efforts in conjunction with our sales team.
• Construction management experience and knowledge of surveying principals are a plus.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Word, and Excel experience required.
Interact with others and carry out all work related activities in a manner which demonstrates a high level of professionalism. Specifically, individuals in this position will be required to:
• Maintain knowledge base of codes, regulations and guidelines relevant to required areas of specialty and appropriately applies this knowledge to consulting requirements for the client’s project requirements.
• Maintain a thorough knowledge of the latest technology and software available.
• Perform all work related activities with the highest level of integrity.
• Demonstrate a willingness to be supportive of and encouraging to other members of the organization.
• Understand and use good safety and health and safety procedures.
• Complete projects and handle multiple tasks appropriately while getting quality results. Understand scheduling, cost control, estimating, meeting client commitments. Develop and use early warning systems to determine when results are not on target and take corrective action.
• Represent the Company well to others. Provide external clients with prompt and effective services.
• Safeguard and appropriately handle sensitive, confidential, or proprietary documents, data, and other information, written or oral.
• Adapt rapidly and effectively to changing conditions both internal and external to the group.
• Write clearly and concisely and presents data and arguments in an organized fashion, in a presentation directed to the client(s).
• Demonstrate an understanding and acceptance of the organization's core values, goals and philosophy while complying with all articles of the Personnel Manual. Find and champion new and better ways to get things done. Add value through level of contributions both within and outside the scope of daily responsibilities.