Job Number: 5623
Job Title: Project Executive
Location: Canton, MA
Relocation Available: No, the candidate must be local
Job Type: Permanent/Full-Time
Our client, located in Canton, Massachusetts, is currently seeking to fill the position of Project Executive. If you are motivated and professional individual, who will improve the efficiency of their team, we encourage you to apply today!
• Project Executive reports directly to the President.
• Is the primary representative of with the responsibility to develop, and expand the client relationship.
• Is the primary client contact for the relationship to manage client expectations.
• 20+ years of construction experience.
• Recent experience at the Project Executive level responsible for project acquisition, client management, and project profitability.
• Recent experience on Life Sciences Construction Projects.
• Ensure consistent performance, project delivery (preconstruction and construction) will exceed client expectations.
• Responsible for all corporate commitments and follow through.
• Responsible for maintaining client loyalty least of which is satisfaction.
• Responsible for understanding client’s loyalties and why, extended relationships, background, and goals.
• Arrange opportunities for personal interaction and networking of those that surround the client from architects, engineers, brokers, and other staff associated with and supporting the client.
• Participate in bid proposal kick-off meetings.
• Assist and manage proposal responses, schedule development, take the lead in outlining shortlist presentations of the team (rehearsal, presentation, post review of presentation).
• Conduct Post closeout review of project.
• Provide leadership in business judgment and all financial and profitability aspects of projects under your jurisdiction.
• Participate extensively in helping to acquire and define projects and develop budgets that will achieve profitability objectives taking into account project-specific challenges.
• Set appropriate milestones and assign staff qualified to handle the scope and complexity of the project.
• Work closely with clients, owners, architects and subcontractors to develop relationships that exceed the client satisfaction to demanding standards.
• Provide oversight in managing all necessary resources throughout the entire project from start-up through closeout and ensure that the Owner’s expectations, budgetary and profitability objectives are exceeded
• Oversight of projects at a high level from beginning to end including budget, costs, unexpected events, general performance, and overall progress against plan.
• Ensure that the day-to-day operations of projects are transitioned effectively to Project Managers and Superintendents from Preconstruction when work commences in the field.
• Mentor, train and coach staff to perform to or exceed standards.
• Represent to the Owner(s), Architects, Consultants, Government Authorities, Vendors and Subcontractors.
• Participate and understand unique owner needs to represent capabilities and help close potential clients.
• Review projects for unique challenges that will impact budget/profitability objectives utilizing Litmus Test.
• Proposal / Project Start Up/Turnover/Pre-Construction
• Assign appropriate Project Management Staff in association with the Operations Manager and Regional Manager.
• Review and approve the pre-mobilization activities.
• Ensure Turnover meeting occurs between Preconstruction and Operation teams.
Project Management, Quality Review and Project Close-Out
1. Responsible for ensuring that Projects achieve budget and profitability objectives. This includes:Monitor and evaluate Project Management and Superintendent Staff assignments.
2. Accurately manage the forecast of project performance
3. Visit sites regularly to monitor project performance, schedule, and expenditures with project staff, highlight potential challenges and provide leadership in responding creatively to bring projects in on schedule and under budget, where feasible.
4. Monitoring Client Relationships and address as needed.
5. Attend all scheduled meetings as necessary to monitor and manage project profitability.
6. Attend owner and project meetings, maintain continuous client contact to gauge performance perceptions and communicate relevant information to Project Team.
7. Ensure Project Management staff is trained according to guidelines.
8. Recruit qualified talent; mentor, coach and train them to perform and ensure effective matching of talent to project scope.
• Possess Passion, Integrity, Hard Work and Professionalism.
• Takes a proactive leadership role.
• Takes initiative.
• Strong team building skills.
• High sense of urgency.
• Committed to excellence.
• Effective communication skills.
• Capable of dealing with ambiguity and tight work oversight.
• Leadership capabilities that motivate staff to exceed expectations.
• Excellent business judgment to consistently analyze and execute financial trade-offs which frequently involve dealing with incomplete data and ambiguity.
• Superior problem-solving skills together with the ability to confidently and decisively take action necessary to achieve strong project closeouts while maintaining positive team relations.
• The ability to constantly multi-task and handle competing priorities between business needs, organizational issues, and sound customer relations.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail evidenced by a strong command of all applicable contract and legal provisions impacting profitability on assigned projects.
• Judgment to know when to appropriately escalate issues up the chain of command.
• Excellent diplomatic and communication skills, able to interact effectively with executive and the ability to handle and resolve conflict effectively in a firm but fair manner.
• Ability to develop the confidence of clients to gain future project awards.