Job Number: 4272
Job Title: Construction Estimator
Location: Canton, MA
Relocation Available: No, the candidate must be local
Job Type: Permanent/Full-Time
Our client, located in Canton, Massachusetts, is currently seeking to fill the position of Construction Estimator. If you are motivated and professional individual, who will improve the efficiency of their team, we encourage you to apply today!
As an Estimator you will contribute to a variety of assignments ranging from large scale renovations to new construction projects in multiple sectors including corporate interiors, life-sciences and academia. The position requires an individual who is comfortable multi-tasking in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• 7+ years of Estimating experience on construction projects.
• Experience on various types of projects such as Ground-up and Renovation from Preconstruction through GNP Development.
• Experience developing accurate conceptual cost models, understand construction methods, productivity, equipment, systems and materials.
• Prepare cost estimates for bids and negotiated proposals.
• Manage all aspects and take lead on all aspects of an estimate.
• Work with client and construction team during preconstruction phase efforts.
• Investigate value engineering and cost saving opportunities.
• During competitive bidding, explore scope for opportunities to differentiate Company’s approach from competitors.
• Inspire, educate and coach junior estimators and interns to deliver superior client service and profitably.
• Develop and maintain relationships with subcontractors and vendors.
Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.