Job Number: 5737
Job Title: Director of Hardwood Lumber Operations
Location: Rhinelander, WI
Relocation Available: No, the candidate will work from home office and will travel to client's location
Job Type: Permanent/Full-Time
Our client, located in Rhinelander, Wisconsin, is currently seeking to fill the position of Director of Hardwood Lumber Operations. If you are motivated and professional individual, who will improve the efficiency of their team, we encourage you to apply today!
This leading manufacturer of quality Northern hardwood veneer, lumber, and specialty plywood is currently seeking a highly motivated individual to fill a Director of Lumber Operations position. The applicant may reside in either the Upper Peninsula of Michigan or in Northern Wisconsin.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Forestry or a related field is a plus, but not required.
• 5+ years of management experience in the hardwood lumber industry.
• Knowledge of NHLA lumber grading rules.
• Oversee the hardwood sawmill operations.
• Manage the saw filers and lumber inspectors.
• Ensure quality control of the hardwood lumber.
• Implement and manage safety policies.
• Manage the activities of the sawmill operations to meet the financial goals of the Company.
• Interact with the log procurement group.
• Identify, recommend and implement changes to improve productivity and costs.
• Strong business acumen.
• Must demonstrate self-confidence and motivation, and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.