Breast Surgeon (SA197697) Savannah, Georgia as
This large southeast GA medical center is assisting a growing practice in Savannah, GA to find a board certified/board eligible Breast Surgeon to join our well-established team specializing in comprehensive breast health, risk assessment and cancer care in our Cancer Center. Fellowship training in Breast Surgery or Surgical Oncology is required. The medical center serves 35 counties across southeast Georgia and southern South Carolina.
This is an employed position which offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Below are some highlights of the position:
* Experienced, collaborative surgical colleagues; no general surgery call
* 100% breast practice with devotion to the care of breast cancer and benign breast problems
* Teaching responsibilities in our General Surgery Residency Program. Candidate will also have option for academic appointment at Mercer University School of Medicine Department of Surgery.
* Well-established program infrastructure that includes many years of caring for complicated breast patients, state-of-the-art equipment, affiliation with the Sarah Cannon Oncology Network, access to Phase 1 clinical trials, full-time dedicated Breast Oncologists and Radiologist, as well as a full-time Genetic Counselor and a Nurse Navigator
* Incoming candidate will join 1 other Breast Surgeon -and 2 full-time Nurse Practitioners
The medical center is a 612-bed hospital in Savannah, Georgia. We opened our doors in 1955 and have evolved into the most advanced healthcare provider in the region. We are a regional referral center for heart care, cancer care, trauma care, children's care, high-risk pregnancies and high-risk newborn care. Our hospital includes the region's only Level 1 Trauma Center, the region's only children's hospital and the Savannah campus of Mercer University School of Medicine.
The medical center is also a part of a national cancer coalition which serves hundreds of thousands of patients annually. By being a part of the coalition, cancer surgeons and oncologists are supported through an established network that places value on quality-based care with a deep focus on clinical pathways and improved outcomes. With 85% of patients treated in community setting, physicians have the ability to impact a larger population of people facing cancer on an international scale. Access to research, which includes the ability to accelerate drug development and clinical trials, utilize molecular profiling capabilities and decision support through the latest technology and data insights - provides physicians access to the resources they need to ensure the delivery of personalized care for each patient.
The Health system serves 35 counties across southeast Georgia and southern South Carolina. In addition to MHUMC, our system includes primary and specialty care doctors, business services, and NurseOne, our 24-hour call center. We also have a major medical education program that trains residents in diagnostic radiology, family medicine, internal medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, and surgery.
Known as the Hostess City of the South, Savannah offers a great coastal lifestyle, a pleasant climate, and one of the largest historical districts in the country.