Currently looking for a Procurement Operations Manager to fill an opening with a company located in Lancaster, PA. Interested candidates must hold a bachelor's degree in Business, Management, Supply Chain, Logistics, Economics, or Engineering from an accredited Institution and have 5 years of experience in purchasing management.
Responsibilities of the Procurement Operations Manager:
· The Business Unit Plant Procurement manager develops and leads the BU Plant Procurement team and Storeroom Department.
· The overall goal is to achieve the best total cost position for all external spend of the respective Business Unit plant, the lowest sourcing risks, best supplier performances and ensuring highest efficiency and effectiveness of the BU Plant Procurement team.
· He/she ensures the optimal collaboration of BU Plant Procurement with Global Category Management and Regional Procurement to achieve best procurement results.
· He/she is directly responsible the BU Plant Procurement targets.
· Responsible for the relevant Plant Procurement Operations function
· Leads Business Unit Strategic Buyers
· Shares savings targets with Category Management, Procurement Engineering, on Plant-specific spends
· i.e. Performance areas: Cost Savings (SRT), Supplier performance, challenging of material & service specifications (demand management), procurement organizational efficiency
· Monitors and controls BU plant procurement target achievement and initiates counter measures if necessary
· Communicates supplier issues to Business Unit Procurement Operations Director and Category Management
· Participate in supplier meetings jointly with Category Lead if relevant for the Plant
· Responsible for local contract management
Requirements of the Procurement Operations Manager:
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, Supply Chain, Logistics, Economics, or Engineering from an accredited Institution
· 5 years of experience in purchasing management
· Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of Hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
· This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Preferred Requirements of the Procurement Operations Manager:
· Proven leadership in purchasing management
· Technical understanding preferred
· Strong Decision-making
· Communication and negotiation skills
· Financial awareness
· People development skills
· Professional certifications Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) is preferred