Required Skills & Experience:
1. AR Registered Nurse (Required)
2. At least one (1) year of related experience in a hospital setting required. (Psychiatric experience preferred)
3. Experience with pediatrics and adolescents is preferred.
4. Knowledge of psychiatric and medical terminology, approved abbreviations and nursing procedures.
5. Graduate from an accredited nursing programs with an Associate's degree in nursing. (BSN preferred)
What you need to know:
• The RN will function as an active part of the treatment team, providing continuous care, supervision, interaction and role modeling to patients under the direction of the Chief Nursing Officer.
• Provides and documents discharge instructions including food and drug interactions, diets and activities as appropriate.
• Provides appropriate intervention based on knowledge of psychiatric and medical emergencies, nursing procedures and patients Master Treatment Plan (MTP).
• Utilizes professional and effective interviewing techniques, problem solving and crisis intervention practices when performing psycho therapeutic interventions.