Berkeley, CA area
Design modification of existing and installation of new equipment. This may include new facilities design and start-up, troubleshooting and process improvements such as filtration, deodorization, sterification, bleaching, and process flow control. Great employee oriented company!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs process studies to identify opportunities to improve manufacturing and energy efficiency.
• Presents results to management both verbally and in written reports.
• Diagnoses process deficiencies, and create design improvements.
• Performs process modeling studies to identify improvement opportunities.
• Develops with the stake holders clear project premises, budgets scopes and detailed schedules. Manages project finances, with a strong control of scope, schedule deviation.
• Evaluates process schemes from operating data as needed.
• Prepares process datasheets for equipment and instrumentation.
• Updates/maintains documentation such as material balances, P&IDs and automation descriptions.
• Develops capital investments projects following the appropriate stage gate methodology.
• Executes capital projects managing schedule, scope and costs.
• Reports on capital projects to management regarding current/future activities
• Provides oversight of contractor(s) process design performance.
• Participates in planning for plant commissioning & start-up.
• Provides consulting on process questions as a member of the start-up team.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Chemical Preferred).
• Strong preference for refinery manufacturing-food oils refinery, fuel oil refinery or chemical refinery.
• Min 5- 7 years’ experience in project-based engineering with a focus on capitol project execution.
• Understanding/ability to apply fundamentals of heat transfer, fluid transport and reaction chemistry.
• Track record of successfully meeting schedule deadlines.
• Ability to travel approximately 15% of the time to US and foreign destinations.
• Familiarity with process simulation software applications such as Aspen or ChemCAD.
• Proficiency with scheduling software such as MS Project.
• Demonstrated ability for development of reports for and presentations to management.
• Demonstrated interpersonal/team building skills.
Email resume as MS Word doc attachment direct with targeted salary range or call: