Location: Modesto, CA area
Education: Bachelor of Science Degree in Business, Food Technology or comparable degree; non-degreed candidates must have a minimum of 10 - 15 years of directly-related work experience.
Experience: 10- 15 years of experience within a manufacturing setting preferred.
Qualification and skills:
Engineering, Fruit Processing, Aseptic Processing, Thermal Processing
Auto CAD, Computer Skills controls knowledge
Continuous Improvement and Lean manufacturing
Applicable working experience related to Production in a food manufacturing setting.
Excellent communication skills.
Proven ability to handle multiple projects and priorities at one time.
Strong problem-solving skills and analytical skills required.
Broad function and scope of the position: Coordinates and directs the design, planning, construction, maintenance, and alteration of equipment, machinery, buildings, and other facilities personally or through subordinate supervisors.
- Plans, budgets, and schedules facilities modifications including cost estimates, bid sheets, layouts and contracts for construction and requisitions.
- Oversees and directs maintenance personnel and workers engaged in equipment installation, facilities equipment repair, and preventative maintenance.
- Inspect plants and evaluates the use of space and facilities. Oversees the coordination of building space, allocation, and layout.
- Develops long-range plans, conceptual designs, and capital outlay requirements and documentation for the facility. Inspects construction and installation progress to ensure conformance to established specifications.
Principal continuing responsibilities:
1. Responsible to ensure a safe working environment for all employees.
2. Supports ongoing production as needed in areas of line supervision, efficiency improvement, troubleshooting, downtime reductions, yield improvement, personnel training, and safety.
3. Serves as a technical resource to all plant personnel in areas regarding engineering, fruit processing, thermal processing, packaging, yield optimization, and plant process flow.
4. Capital planning including development of project designs, PSD's, CAR's, and budgetary tracking as directed by Engineering Manager.
5. Design, bidding of contracts, expenditures and final testing and implementation of assigned capital projects. Resource to assist and advise other department heads in their related areas of the same.
6. Prepares bid sheets and contracts for construction and equipment modifications.
7. Directs overall plant production.
8. Quality and Food Safety-- Ensure maintenance of machineries and construction of equipment to meet quality and food safety standards on open product zone areas. Develop and maintain plant preventative maintenance program. Document corrective action on preventive maintenance performed. Assist in the development, implementation, and maintenance of the companies Quality Systems to assure compliance with quality and food safety requirements.