Job Title: Hospital Pharmacist
Location: Providence, RI 02905
Duration: 3 months
Shift: Typically a 40-hour week, Mon. - Fri.
Prior exp. as a Hospital Pharmacist is REQUIRED for consideration for this role
This is an immediate need due to retirements and LOA’s and is highly likely to roll over to a Full-Time role for a high-preforming, great fit!
Sept. 2nd UPDATE FROM HM:
Regarding the schedule and experience –
• There will be a need for these hires to work some off-shifts (2nd and 3rd) and Holidays as needed.
• Please only submit candidates that are amenable to schedule variations and covering the needed schedules with ease.
• Hospital experience and knowledge is still of the utmost importance, followed immediately by having experience in at least one of the key areas of greatest pharmaceutical focus: Oncology, Obstetrics or Neonatology.
• Optimal candidates are those with very strong Hospital Pharmacy backgrounds, minimum of 5+ years exp., highly skilled and astute in the pharmaceutical industry, with the keen ability to easily ramp up as a successful member of the Pharmacy Team.
• The Clinically Skilled Staff Pharmacist is responsible for the appropriate and accurate drug distribution to hospital inpatients and out-patients.
• Evaluates appropriateness of drug regimen and ensures timely preparation and delivery.
• Participates in clinical areas, making rounds, interviewing patients and formulating drug care plan.
• Oversees work of Pharmacy Technicians and serves as a resource to department and other hospital staff.
• Graduate from an accredited school of pharmacy and completion of clinical skills modules 1-8 required within one year of hire. Current pharmacist licensure within State of Rhode Island. BLS (CPR) certification desired. Hospital experience preferred