Job Title: NCAOC - Project Manager - Senior (614808)
Location: 901 Corporate Center Drive, Raleigh, NC
Duration: 6+ Months
The NCAOC has signed a contract with a vendor to provide an integrated case/financial management system to replace multiple legacy applications.
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
The NCAOC has signed a contract with a vendor to provide an integrated case/financial management system to replace multiple legacy applications. Each Project Manager position is responsible for managing multiple deliverables for the implementation effort. S/he manages project resources, and facilitates project meetings, and presentations within assigned areas of responsibility (e.g. data migration, training planning and execution, business process reviews, etc.).
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following
• Direct, assign responsibilities and scope of authority, and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure projects progress on schedule and within budget.
Maintain team project plans and monitor the progress status of teams and individual members.
• Oversee the overall planning, coordination, execution, and completion of assigned projects and strategic initiatives.
• Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
• Define, develop, and execute project plans specifying goals, strategy, resources, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans according in collaboration with the PMO methodology and process, ensuring project goals are met on time and on budget.
• Consult with management to review project proposals, risk analysis, and resources needed to accomplish projects.
• Prepare project status reports using established standards for project reporting and documentation.
• Staff work hours are typically 8:00 AM 5:00 PM, Monday Friday.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES / COMPETENCIES:
• Knowledge of: operating systems and the capabilities and limitations of hardware; court system operations; accounting, mathematical, or statistical theories, methods, and practices; project management principles and methodologies; computer application development; business strategies, objectives, needs, and service expectations; group facilitation; issue and change management processes; and established standards for risk management.
• Skills in: decision-making; risk management analysis; managing projects and teams; project management software such as Microsoft Project; and MS Word, Excel, Access, and SharePoint. Ability to: comprehend, analyze, and interpret organizational and procedural problems and recommend solutions; comprehend and use new technology; establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders; prepare and present reports clearly and concisely in both oral and written form; facilitate communication within teams and extended project teams; provide leadership, motivation, and mentoring to project team members; coordinate actions of team members and resolve conflicts; and obtain and maintain project commitment from team members and stakeholders.
• Management requires applicants with at least six (6)years of progressive experience managing application development projects. Experience with the following is required: Microsoft Project Server, project management methodologies, PMBOK, and SDLC (e.g., Waterfall, Agile, etc.). Management requires candidates
with Agile experience.
Skills Required / Desired Amount of Experience Last Used Years Used
Agile Methodology experience Highly desired 6
PMP Certification Highly desired 6
Change management process experience. Required 6
Decision-making; risk management analysis; managing projects and teams; project management software such as Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office. Required 6
SharePoint experience. Required 6
Prepare and present reports clearly and concisely in both oral and written form; facilitate communication within teams and extended project teams. Required 6
Provide leadership, motivation, and mentoring to project team members; coordinate actions of team members and resolve conflicts. Required 6
Ability to work in a fasted-pace environment. Required 6
Project management experience with mainframe data conversion to a COTS system is required. Required 6