Our client is a large-format printing organization based in Lagos with equipment and facilities that cannot be rivalled in sub-Saharan Africa. In the course of restructuring, the position of a Print Estimator has become vacant.
The Job’s primary responsibility to provide, within specified time frames, accurate pricing based on a customer’s written or verbal request. Estimating the cost of producing printed jobs on both litho and digital presses, whilst also being a part of the customer service team.
Essential Job Functions:
• Prepare work to be estimated by gathering proposals, specifications, and related documents; identify labour, material, and time requirements by studying such materials to compute costs.
• Resolve discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information. Present prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
• Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Maintain cost data base by entering and backing up data. Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications.
• Exercise initiative in developing, or assisting in, creating grids and filling out customer supplied grids after the prices are set by sales.
• Record production data, including volume produced, consumption of raw materials, or quality control measures.
• Maintain files, such as maintenance records, bills of lading, or cost reports.
• Examine documents, materials, or products and monitor work processes to assess completeness, accuracy, and conformance to standards and specifications.
• Calculate figures, such as required amounts of labour or materials, manufacturing costs, or wages.
• Review documents, such as production schedules, work orders, or staffing tables, to determine personnel or materials requirements or material priorities.
• Confer with establishment personnel, vendors, or customers to coordinate production or shipping activities and to resolve complaints or eliminate delays.
• Address and resolve, or assist in resolving, internal and/or external customer or sales related questions or problems.
• Other miscellaneous duties and responsibilities assigned as needed.
• In addition to the essential functions listed above, the employee is expected to exercise honesty, integrity and respect with all clients and co-workers, maintain a professional appearance and demeanour, demonstrate a positive attitude, communicate effectively with co-workers and clients, work with accuracy, efficiency, and attention to detail, respect the work environment and keep it as neat and clean as possible, and exercise initiative to learn new skills and tasks and to help co-workers when possible.
• Bachelor Degree and minimum of three (3) years’ experience in the marketing, commercial print or advertising industries.
• Must possess mathematics skills and the ability to perform calculations.
• Must be computer-literate; able to use Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
How to apply:
Suitable applications should be sent to ‘’ before 15th November 2019 using “PRI-EST-11” as the subject of application. SUITABLE APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED.