Job Title: Unix and Linux System Programmer and Administrator III
Location: Washington, DC
Duration: 8+ Months (long term)
The incumbent will work in the Systems Management (ITSSM) team, which is responsible for maintaining IT operational infrastructure and providing the following services to the organization: Server Systems administration (Linux, AIX, Solaris Windows, and Virtualization platforms), Disk Storage and SAN administration, Data Backup and Restore administration, Server Security administration, and automation of the infrastructure. Many related activities like Capacity Planning, Performance Analysis, Software Distribution, Availability Monitoring and others are also performed by this group.
Essential Job Functions:
• Install and maintain up- to-date Operational System software, patch levels, firmware, drivers, and related program products
• Configure and customize software in accordance with site requirements
• Suggest and promote System Changes in accordance with documented SOPs (Standard Operational Procedures)
• Provide continuous monitoring, troubleshooting, and first level maintenance of the various application servers, systems and associated peripherals, including adequate follow up on Problem Resolution tracking using the ServiceNow tool.
• Engage in system capacity planning and monitoring and generate health and usage reports of systems
• Review and monitor service indicators to meet the agreed upon service levels
• Interact with software and hardware maintenance providers in enforcing adequate levels of support to installed hardware and software
• Provide support to other technical staff in performing account management, disk space management, backups, baseline security administration, testing of system features, and other systems administration activities
• Produce and maintain appropriate documentation and charts describing hardware setups, diagrams, operational procedures, and overall inventory
• Produce weekly reports of activities and operational status of systems under his/her control
• Monitor and review use of systems for Bank access control policy violations in line with Bank’s guidelines
• Ensure that the defined decommissioning and disposal procedures are followed for all hardware systems and media
• Report and respond to critical security events and take corrective measures per defined security incident management processes
• Follow and comply with the *** policies, processes, and procedures
• Participate in audits, as needed, producing necessary documentation, reports, and explanations, and implement corrective and preventive action plans approved by unit managers
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
• Role Specific Experience: 5+ years of experience
• System administration experience in Red Hat operating system.
• Knowledge of various Linux system parameters and monitoring agents. Experience in modifying them. (NTP, SNMP, IP configurations, login config etc)
• Experience in installing and configuring oracle software, Jboss, apache, Pega etc.
• Experience in operations to keep stringent uptime service levels.
• Understanding of disk, volume, file system management.
• Experience in configuration management tool Chef.
• Experience in programming using any one of languages like, C, C++, Python, Ruby etc.
• Experience in implementing desired state configurations using Chef.
• Knowledge in the computer algorithms, data structures and optimization concepts in coding
• Experience in DevOps field.
• Experience in AWS and related automation tools in AWS.