• Coordinate and perform the monthly financial closing with closing deadlines and schedules. Achieve a seven-day close target by March 2020.
• Reconcile all Balance Sheet accounts and perform analysis of assigned P&L Accounts.
• Review all routine transactions at frequent intervals to facilitate the achievement of a more rapid month close beyond the seven-day target. This review will comprise of Billing / AR, Credit Memos, Cash Receipts / Application, Purchases / AP / Vouching of vendor invoices, Cash disbursements,
Payroll, Fixed Assets, Intercompany accounting, general ledger, and Inventory / COGS transactions. Oversee / perform the reconciliation and recordation of the credit card statements.
Financial and Management Reporting
• Prepare Financial Statements (BS, IS, Equity, and SOCF) in accordance with GAAP.
• Assist in preparing Management Reports / Analysis.
• Perform analytical reviews, and research & document variances from budget and prior periods.
• Perform profitability analysis.
• Assist in cash management.
• Assist in the preparation of Budget / Forecasts.
• Assist in developing and analyzing financial KPI’s.
Cost Accounting / Inventory
• Responsible for all cost accounting functions.
• Review, develop, set up, and maintain an effective Cost Accounting System including current average (or future standard) costing and absorption rates for labor, material, and overhead.
• Track project costs of future expansion projects. Monitor contract milestones. Review vendor invoices matching with contract terms.
• Develop and maintain product cost files and perform gross margin analysis (product line and customer).
• Account for Inventory, raw material, and WIP.
• Develop and drive physical inventory and cycle count procedures including reconciliations and adjustments.
• Assist to analyze operational KPI’s.
• Review variances, inventories, shipments, and manufacturing / maintenance department expenses.
• Analyze overtime and labor performance.
• Assist management with costing and financial reports.
Process Documentations and Internal Controls
• Assist to ensure every task performed in Accounting / Finance is well documented with detailed steps, flow charts, and/or narratives for cross training purposes.
• Assist to develop and maintain all accounting, reporting, and financial control policies and procedures for the Company to ensure compliance with relevant accounting and financial controls.
Annual Audit and Federal/State Tax
• Assist to file monthly / quarterly State Tax reports.
• Assist in coordination of external audit and all tax and statutory filings.
• Migrate the Fixed Assets accounting from the current spreadsheet to SAGE.
• Add capitalized assets with accurate life and class.
• Review depreciation.
• Audit fixed assets.
• Assist in the ROI analysis of Capital Expenditures.
• Record Payroll.
• Assist others in the process of payroll.
• Assist to review Over Time with Operations.
• Assist to utilize SAGE 300 to its fullest potential.
• Other project and research as delegated.
• BS, Accounting.
• CPA, MBA.
• Mix of industry and public accounting experience desirable.
• Manufacturing industry - MUST
• Cost Accounting exposure - MUST
• Advanced Excel
• Six years of relevant experience
• SAGE 300 - MUST.
• Willing to work on a shifting schedule.