Perform a wide range of transactional duties as a service professional to the Credit Union members with high degree of accuracy and in accordance with credit union policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
1. Greet and welcome members to the credit union in a courteous, professional and timely manner, providing prompt, excellent service and accurate member transactions.
2. Process member transactions including but not limited to deposits, withdrawals, transfers, money orders, cashiers’ checks and loan payments.
3. Handle cash and checks within set limits and place holds where needed.
4. Balance cash drawer at the end business day. Research and resolve discrepancies. Report any discrepancies/outages to the supervisor as necessary.
5. Ensure that the teller station is properly stocked supplies and marketing material.
6. Maintain an up-to-date knowledge on all credit union products and services.
7. Maintain an up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge on all related policies and procedures, rules and regulations for the teller area, including robbery procedures.
8. Promote, explain, and cross-sell other credit union services such as consumer and mortgage loans, promotional products, IRA’s, certificates, safe deposit boxes, debit and credit cards, online banking.
9. Perform overrides on member accounts as necessary.
10. Assist with resolving other teller outages and research to resolve discrepancies.
11. Assist with opening the vault and balancing ATM as requested.
12. Cross train in Financial Services Representative role.
13. Perform on the job training for new hires as well as be viewed as a subject matter expert for Teller.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: High school graduate or equivalent.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: Knowledge of Teller policies and procedures. Basic understanding of Company operations.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Four years Teller experience, or equivalent combination of Teller and more advanced banking experience.
Good communication skills.
Professional appearance, dress, and attitude.
Good mathematical skills.
Ability to operate related computer applications and business equipment including adding machine, copy machine, coin and money counting machines, and telephone.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Typical office environment