Plastics Process Engineer
Searching for a data driven, hands on Plastics Process Engineer to take on a key role with a growing team in Chautauqua County in an established, fast paced Production facility.
• Process development and optimization using scientific molding principles
• Specify new injection molding machines and auxiliary equipment
• Utilize APQP tools and techniques (Process flows, PFMEA, Control Plans)
• Router and quote development for molded products (both cycle time and equipment)
• Work with Tooling and Product Design Engineers on new and existing products and molds
• Determine and implement continuous improvement and molding cost reduction projects
• Identify plastic molding, auxiliary equipment, and secondary processing required
• Act as manufacturing representative on cross functional New Product Implementation Teams
• Lead corrective action teams
• Determine, implement, and update PM programs for new and existing plastic processing equipment
• Create and update manufacturing process documentation
• Work with Quality Engineers and Manufacturing management team on quality improvements
• Prepare capital funding requests as required
• Comply with the Technology Control Plan and the Federal Export Control Policy established for the Corporation.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
• BS in Plastics Engineering or BS in other relevant area with demonstrated scientific molding experience
• 3-5 years of Plastic injection molding experience that includes process development and optimization using
• Experience with the specification of new machines and equipment relative to the plastics industry – material handling systems, robots, conveyors, separators, etc.
• Experience with relevant engineering materials, parts, and processing operations - vacuum metalizing and coating, plastics material drying, bulk and batch materials handling, optical grade materials, automotive or aerospace compliance / industry, etc.
• Hands on experience with Statistical and APQP tools and techniques
• Router and Quote Development experience
• Six sigma training ideal
• PC strengths to include Microsoft Office products
• Plastic injection molding process monitoring and control systems skills to include the use of RJG eDART system
• Due to regulations and requirements within the industry, all candidates for consideration must be classified as a US Person which includes US Citizen, Permanent Legal Resident, Green Card Holder, etc.
• Salary for this direct hire position will be commensurate with experience and will include a competitive benefits package, bonus, paid holidays and vacation, room for growth, and a relocation package, etc.
HOW TO APPLY:
• Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word formatted resume, employment references, and salary history for immediate consideration.
• Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V