Our client is seeking a Level I, II, III NDE Inspector to join their growing organization in the custom industrial equipment and systems industry in western NY. Join a reputable, dynamic organization in the equipment and systems technologies space that is dedicated to developing and challenging their employees to continually improve themselves!
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Interprets drawings, dimensional tolerances, weld symbols, non-destructive examination symbols and specifications.
• Inspects weld joint preparations, joint fit-ups such as edge preparations (include root and face beveling), dimensions, cleanliness, root opening, tacking, and backing as applicable.
• Monitors and verifies:
o Proper filler metal usage and storage of filler metal.
o During welding, pre heat and inter-pass temperatures, root passes, root penetration prior to welding second side, cleaning between passes, appearance of passes on comparison to acceptance standards.
o Application of approved welding procedures, and calibration equipment, welders and operators.
o Inspects parts or products received against purchase order specifications.
• Examines machined parts or products using precision measuring devices such as calipers and micrometers and other measuring tools applicable to the operation.
o Non-destructive examinations ( NDE ) in categories as certified.
o Mechanical testing, witnesses and evaluates pressure test results.
o Dimensional lay out inspection of parts for burning and machining operations
o other duties as assigned by the QC Supervisor or his/her designate
• Prepares reports and maintains records.
• Will observe safe work procedures and conform to good housekeeping standards.
• NDE NDT Inspection background and experience interpreting drawings, dimensional tolerances, weld symbols, non-destructive examination symbols and specifications
• Industrial / Manufacturing experience in the metals / machining sector
• Must pass proficiency test, eye exam, background check and drug screen.
• Must be able to achieve level II Certifications as required
• Good interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
• Ability to work well with others within and outside of department and effectively handle multiple, simultaneous tasks.
• Experience in RT/UT preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / ENVIRONMENT:
• May be required to move items up to 60 pounds for distances of up to 10 feet. May be required to stand, stoop, bend, kneel and squat for extended periods of time. May be exposed to fumes or dust, toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor weather, moving mechanical parts and moderate to loud noise levels. Must wear appropriate protective gear and clothing as necessary.
• Salary for this direct hire position will be commensurate with experience and will include a competitive benefits package, paid holidays and vacation, 401k with match, tuition reimbursement, room for growth, etc.
HOW TO APPLY:
• Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word formatted resume, employment references, and salary history for immediate consideration.
• Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V