SMT Process Engineer
Searching for a qualified Process Engineer with experience in SMT / SMD ( surface-mount technology / surface mounted devices ) to become an integral team member within a reputable and growing manufacturing facility in Northern PA with revenues nearing $1B worldwide.
SUMMARY AND SCOPE: The Process Engineer will be working within the Manufacturing Engineering department designing, defining and planning the manufacturing process in producing electronic circuits mounted on printed circuit board surface. The Process Engineer will also specify and direct the installation of new processes, as well as plan equipment build schedules and monitor the vendor progress.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES TO INCLUDE:
• Defines & recommends equipment, method, process layout, materials, manpower changes in accord with recommendations for analyses conducted.
• Works to continually improve current processes by analyzing on a continual basis direct/indirect labor, equipment, and processing costs to insure the most economical manufacturing procedures and processes are utilized.
• Determines manufacturing cost for quoting of new products requiring estimating standard hours needed to perform operations.
• Develops method instruction sheets for operations and instructs supervision and process specialist on method and efficient operating procedures for new/existing products.
• Applies ergonomic principles to methods and layouts.
• Responsible for taking/implementing corrective actions as necessary.
• Bachelors Degree in an applicable field – Mechanical, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering
• 3-5 years experience in a relevant position within the Manufacturing sector, ideally PCB or Automation industries
• Experience with circuit board manufacturing methods and processes – SMT / SMD ( surface-mount technology or devices ) required.
• Experience with PLC programming, electronics and robotics
• Knowledge of Drafting, Mechanical, Manufacturing and Industrial Engineering,
• Strong creative, communication, problem solving, advisory and instructional / mentorship skills,
• Equipment skills to include welding, soldering and PCB manufacturing equipment,
• Software and PC skills to include hardware and software such as MS Office, AutoCAD, RSLogix, Panelbuilder, etc.
• Due to regulations and requirements within the industry, all candidates for consideration must be classified as a US Person which includes US Citizen, Permanent Legal Resident, Green Card Holder, etc.
• Salary for this direct hire position will be commensurate with experience and will include a competitive benefits package, bonus, paid holidays and vacation, room for growth, and a relocation package, etc.
HOW TO APPLY:
• Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word formatted resume, employment references, and salary history for immediate consideration.
• Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V