Project Manager (Kansas PE License required) - 1
Wichita, KS 67201
This position will be involved in managing projects, developing proposals and will also be directly involved with public and private clients in marketing, client management, project production, and related issues in the Kansas and midwest markets. The individual will see that the work is planned, organized, controlled, and evaluated through a proactive project management system, and continuously implement, monitor, and support company policy. They will work with existing staff and participate in the training and development of technical personnel. Responsibilities include project management and business development. Project management will be for environmental science and solid waste management projects The environmental science projects will include soil and groundwater remediation projects, regulatory compliance consulting, SWPPP, SPCC plans and air permitting. The solid waste projects, include landfill gas, landfills, solid waste plans and other projects, which may require design, engineering, permitting, construction and/or operations support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This position will be focused on project management, and assistance with current clients, with additional responsibility for business development for growth.
Write technical reports, and conduct site visits to assist our clients.
Retain clients and participate in developing new clients.
Business development will include identifying opportunities, proposal writing, client visits, and attendance at conferences.
Some travel will be required. Travel could include conducting site visits to clients and conferences.
A large portion of this job includes report and proposal writing and preparation. The candidate must be proficient in technical writing and editing.
Bachelor of Science degree in engineering required; civil or environmental are preferred.
Minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience, including landfill experience.
Strong verbal and written communications skills and must be proficient with MS-Office software applications.
Professional Engineer (PE) license in the State of Kansas required.
Valid driver's license with a driving record in good standing required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (Submission Summary):
1. How many years of experience does this candidate have drafting and reviewing proposals?
2. Does the candidate have a minimum of a BS degree in Science or an environmental related science or engineering field (required)?
3. How many years of related experience does the candidate have?
4. Does the candidate have 5+ years of environmental consulting experience?
5. Does your candidate, now or in the future, require sponsorship? If so, please explain.
6. Is the candidate registered as a PE (Professional Engineer) in Kansas?
7. Where is the candidate currently located? If not local, will they require relocation assistance?
8. Please describe projects the candidate has worked on that include solid waste management projects, including landfill gas, landfill, composting, and environmental remediation: