MUST-HAVES/WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
• 3+ years of director level nursing leadership experience required, Emergency Department preferred
• Candidate MUST HAVE manager or director level experience in an emergency department, handling 200+ patients a day
• Candidate MUST HAVE experience as an emergency department manager or emergency department director in a large/metro/urban health-system
• Current California Registered Nursing License (or ability to obtain)
• Effectively plans, organizes and evaluates work duties of self and unit staff to promote quality nursing and patient care activities
• Builds and leads a high performing Team: Motivates, inspires and develops employees to accomplish goals and objectives
• Organizational Teamwork and Collaboration: Collaboratively works with peers and others to set and achieve interdepartmental / organizational goals and to resolve barriers to interdepartmental / organizational performance
• The Emergency Department Director is responsible for the overall leadership and functions of the Emergency Department.
• This position provides direction and leadership to implement emergency care standards, practice and competencies.
• The Emergency Department Director assures that the department meets or exceeds expected outcome measures including patient satisfaction, employee satisfaction, length of stay, and clinical standards.
• This position manages department finances and business goals, including budgeting and control of salary, non-salary, and capital investment expenses.
• The incumbent is responsible for maintaining effective and responsive relationships with patients, managing professional and clerical staff.