Be the reason a child learned something today. Be a substitute teacher!
If you have a minimum of 60 college credits (in any discipline specialization in Education is not required) and a desire to do work that can literally change the world, you're in the right place. Kelly Education has short- and long-term opportunities available for you to make a big difference in young lives by becoming a substitute teacher in Albuquerque Public Schools. This rewarding opportunity comes with free training, paid orientation, 401 (k) and service bonus plans, the flexibility to create a schedule that works for you, and so much more.
- Providing instruction, encouraging student progress, and managing the learning environment in the absence of the full-time classroom teacher
- Maintaining high ethical standards and professionalism
- Demonstrating effective interpersonal skills interacting with students, teachers, administrators, and parents
- Report to school office at beginning of school-day to pick up required materials/schedule of classes and at the end of the school-day to return materials.
- Dress in a safe and appropriate manner as described in the KES Standards of Professional Conduct.
- Follow sign in/sign out procedures as prescribed by the District/School principal.
- Assume duties of the regular District/School classroom teacher promptly and in accordance with school rules.
- May supervise students in out-of-class settings (e.g., assemblies, lunchroom) as directed and supervised by District/School principal.
- Implement existing lesson plans in a manner that ensures the integrity of academic time and motivates students to learn and participate.
- Instruct students regarding a variety of classroom topics/courses of instruction, as determined by the School/District lesson plan.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students. Address the various learning styles of students accordingly.
- Assign reasonable tasks and homework to students in accordance with the School/District lesson plans.
- If serious or disruptive student behavior problems occur, seeks assistance from a neighboring District/School teacher or a building administrator.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Maintain and/or assist in maintaining classroom control that fosters a safe, positive environment for all students and staff in accordance with Kelly Services, District/School, state, and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Ensure adequate supervision of students and classroom environment to assure health, welfare, and safety of students.
If interested apply now!