uccessful candidates for this position should have a combination of experience and knowledge in information technology and administering enterprise geographic information systems.
This focus of this role is to provide technical infrastructure administration and support for the agency’s enterprise geographic information systems (GIS) technology, including:
• Performing enterprise GIS software installations (ArcServer, ESRI Enterprise, SDE geodatabase, ArcGIS Online / Portal, Web Adaptors, etc.).
• Providing on-going monitoring and troubleshooting of GIS infrastructure.
• Creating system architecture documentation, scoping & building new environments.
• Automating processes such as ETLs, GIS environment administration tasks, and other monitoring needs.
• Ensuring environments maintain compliance with enterprise IT security policies (e.g. secure access, least privilege, and separation of duties).
• Advising on GIS system integrations.
• Maintaining knowledge of trends and developments in GIS systems, and how those could apply to existing or future ODOT applications
Required Skills & Experience :
Information Technology Skills & Experience
• Six years or more experience with:
o Implementation, configuration, and administration of Windows Server (2008 through 2016).
o Troubleshooting, identifying, and resolving system level problems in Windows Server environments.
o Support of enterprise system architectures, load balancing, and networking basics.
• Understanding of virtualized environment configuration and operation.
• Understanding of Active Directory functionality, including authentication and group-based authorization.
• Understanding of MSSQL Server database operation, permissions, and capabilities in an enterprise environment.
• Understanding of Oracle database operation, permissions, and capabilities in an enterprise environment.
• Experience writing SQL statements to query and modify data in MSSQL Server and Oracle databases using SQL Server Management Studio and Aqua Data Studio.
• Clear, concise communication & documentation skills with experience documenting system architecture and use cases.