The Division of Academic Internal Medicine and Geriatrics in the Department of Medicine at the University of Illinois at Chicago is seeking a Visiting Clinical Research Coordinator.
• Implement and execute the clinical research protocol put forth by the IMHIP coordinating center by overseeing Survey interviewers, Health Coaches and Social Worker.
• Oversee identification, recruitment and enrollment strategies of patients to increase enrollment and to meet clinical research protocols. Analyze retention rates for studies.
• Oversee the execution of informed consent process and monitor patient status; enroll participants into programs, explaining the research protocols to the clients and supporting family/friends, and obtain appropriate consent forms
• Notify and inform Principal Investigator, Program Director and Coordinating Center grant sponsors of adverse events and protocol modification, including their impact on the clinical research.
• Monitor all aspects of the Clinical research data collection including ensuring that all data collected is promptly entered and recorded in the local and national data entry systems.
• Perform and oversee any measures to ensure a high level of data quality through the examination.
• Review laboratory and clinic procedures and evaluations regularly to ensure they meet protocol compliance.
• Ensure all staff follow the guidelines and expectations of IMHIP and the study at all times. This includes monitoring time effort, study effort, staff schedule and vacation request.
• Communicate with PI and Program Director to ensure the proper staffing for the study is in compliance with the approved study protocol.
• Assist investigators in organizing study data for grant progress reports, analysis for meeting presentations, and publications.
• Plan, assign and review work of staff to ensure that group objectives are met. Hire, train, develop and manage staff to ensure that a qualified staff exists to meet group objectives.
• Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned
A minimum Bachelors degree in nursing or healthcare related field preferred.
At least two years experience in a research discipline required. Experience in a clinical research setting, experience working with Federal Regulations and IRB’s required.
Familiarity with medical terminology and procedures.
Ability to manage multiple tasks. Strong interpersonal and customer service skills. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Knowledge of research protocols, principles and procedures; knowledge of aspects of clinical trials such as screening, interviewing, case reports forms; knowledge of experimental design, mathematics, statistics, computer applications and computer data management; oral and written communication skills; knowledge of a science such as biology or psychology; ability to identify, produce, organize, evaluate and interpret data; knowledge of ethics and regulatory procedures (i.e. informed consent, IRB applications, data safety and monitoring plans) involved with clinical trials and other clinical research; ability to work as a member of a project team; knowledge of clinical tasks required for research (e.g. phlebotomy, centrifugation, interviewing).
Experience working with underserved populations and/women’s health preferred.
To apply, submit application and resume at: https://jobs.uic.edu/job-board/job-details?jobID=124494
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The University of Illinois may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.