Company Overview: Our client is a leading provider of mission-critical environmental and maintenance services to the power generation industry, enabling their customers to address challenges to the remediation of ash ponds and landfills at open and closed power plant sites while continuously operating and providing necessary electric poere to communities nationwide.
This position is responsible for planning, developing, and managing construction projects from Pre-Construction through Project Close-out.
• Four-year college degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or similar discipline.
• EIT or ability to obtain PE registration preferred.
• Specialized construction management training and project management (PMP) training preferred.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a project manager on large capital projects, preferably projects greater than 18 month and greater than $20M in scope.
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience leading teams (supervisory experience).
• Knowledge of Power Plant operations, preferably coal.
• Experience with site/civil estimating for mass excavations, embankments, hauling and placement of transported materials preferred.
• Experience working in power generation/regulated utilities preferred.
• Study proposals, plans, specifications and related documents; analyzing labor, material, equipment and time requirements; assembling & arranging numerical and descriptive information.
• Complete accountability for specific construction projects from the Pre-Construction Phase to the Construction Phase through to the Project Close out Phase.
• Manage multiple contractors and their time schedules and maintain continual communications with Customer and contractors.
• Work with state engineers, utility environmental team, independent engineering firms, etc.
• Lead in the development of any readiness reviews required for the project.
• Collaborate with Sr. Estimator, Regional Manager, and Vice President of Operations on project management.
A meaningful compensation package will be developed for the successful candidate that includes a base salary, along with performance-based bonus.
*To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter, preferably in MS Word format, to Derek Bush at . A fully detailed, formal specification will be sent to “top-level”, qualified candidates.