JOB POSITION: Sales & Marketing Manager (For Fresh Vegetables and Fruit Business)
DEPARTMENT: FRESH VEGETABLE AND FRUIT SECTION
Job Location: Qatar
• Over all responsible to manage Fresh Fruit and Vegetables Section to improve the performance of financial and non-financial aspects.
• Manage to resolve problems, issues related to customers and internal & external supplier.
• Ensures customers and supplier satisfaction.
• Ensure permanent (“live”) contact with the suppliers to ensure products availability & sustainability.
• Direct oversee of day to day activities of the team in all aspects of operation and administration
• Conduct meeting with team members and discuss everyday operations (pre & post).
• Work closely with direct report staff to achieve the set targets of the section -- store.
• Manage and assign staff’s work schedule.
• Conduct and analyses Competitors’ Survey result and translates this into section’s action plan.
• Monitor, analyse and report waste/shrinkage and deploy the cost minimising strategies.
• Track and monitor employees performance against set KPIs,
• Analyses sales figures and forecasting future sales volumes to maximize profits.
• Analyse Basket average, slow and negative moving stocks.
• Provide innovative methods to help increase sales efficiencies and quality to meet targets and maximize stores’ profit i.e. review and suggest sales activities and surprises such as offering discounted per unit rate for perishable goods towards the end of the day.
• Manage and develop sales support to staff.
• Responsible in meeting or exceeding the target for the section.
• Responsible in analysing, control waste and expiration.
• Manages Quality, Service and Cleanliness consistently.
• Ensure execution of established safety, quality and operation policies and procedures.
• Ensuring that high hygiene and sanitation is followed by staff in the store.
• Respond to customer complaints or inquiries, and solicit customer feedback and input.
• Holds regular meeting with the team members.
• Overseeing pricing and stock control.
• Preparing promotional materials and displays.
• Maximising sales through effective merchandising and marketing.
• Able to think outside the box and effectively present new ideas (strategically in nature) to own team and management and lead its implementation once approved.
• Provides inputs towards short and medium term strategic planning process for the division.
• Proven excellent decision-making skills
• Can manage and lead to team members
• Have the ability to motivate staff
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATION & SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor degree (in Food Science, Food Technology, Agriculture, or Business Management, Marketing Management) is preferable—not essential
2. Good English communication skills; Bilingual a preference (e.g. English and Arabic)
3. Have marketing and sales expertise to increase the customer base within Qatar
4. Proficient in MS Word, Excel and SAP Business One.
5. With 5-10 years of managerial experience in the field of Fresh fruits and vegetables Business. GCC experience preferred.
6. Have Good knowledge and experience about import of Fruit and Vegetables from different countries and selling in Qatar
7. Ability to multi-task and can think outside the box generating fresh concepts (i.e. sales)
Interested candidate can send their CV by email to