Java/Java EE Developer Des Moines, IA jameel
Location: Des Moines, IA
Duration: 12 months
Client committed to providing employment services for individual job seekers. The IT department of IWD develops and maintains applications that serve our customers.
Client committed to providing employment services for individual job seekers. The IT department develops and maintains applications that serve our customers. We are looking for a Java Developer with experience in building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications. The individual will be part of a talented software team that works on mission-critical applications using Agile methodologies.
The project is for modernization of components for UI Benefits system. The candidate chosen will be developing browser based user interfaces using JSF and integrating to legacy systems using a variety of SOAP and REST services.
• Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
• Develop Java/Java EE application while providing expertise from concept and design to testing
• Write well designed, testable, efficient code
• Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications and follows best practices
• Prepare and produce releases of software components
• Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
• Proven hands-on full stack software development experience
• Proven working experience in Java development
• Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms
• Object oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
• Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (OpenJPA, Hibernate)
• Experience in developing web applications using JSF and the PrimeFaces framework. Experience in other AngularJS and/or Spring MVC is a plus.
• Experience in developing and consuming SOAP and RESTful web services utilizing XML and/or JSON with binding libraries like JAXB, Jackson, Gson, etc.
• Experience with test-driven development
• Experience in testing framework like JUnit, Mockito.
• Implement and adhere to code quality standards with tools like FindBugs, SONAR etc.
• Experience in working in teams using Agile methodologies
• Experience working in Microservices architecture, including MicroProfile is an advantage
Required 6 years:
SOAP and REST webservices
XML Technologies - XSD, JAXB
HTML, JSP, CSS
Nice to have 4 years: