We are seeking a Dynamics 365 F&O Functional Consultant for a 6-month contract position in Clearwater, Florida to assist our client during their migration from AX2009 to D365 with the Finance and Operation modules. This consultant will work alongside business users, all areas of IT and the selected vendor during the migration process to understand, learn and advise on the customization process.
*** Please, no 3rd party candidates. ***
You will use this information to help identify and document the technical specifications for configurations and modifications to D365 functionality. Responsibilities include manage and maintain existing and future state interfaces, documenting existing F&O procedures, identifying data cleansing opportunities, identifying modifications to existing systems in support of D365 migration/implementation and support for existing AX2009 during the project.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Responsible for providing technical leadership in the resolution of complex application and integration problems within the Dynamics 365 system.
· Support the development of testing routines or procedures with the D365 environment and corresponding interfaces
· Ensures that good D365 development practices and software development life cycle methodologies are adhered to in development.
· Responsible for the assessment and management of software updates and ongoing maintenance.
· Should have a good understanding of the F&O module (AR, AP, Project Management, HR, GL) to participate in solution discussions with the business to provide development and configuration input
· Evaluate standard functionality in D365 F&O to leverage the system for process improvements
· Evaluate D365 functionality and updates to provide recommendations to the business
· Responsible for conducting acceptance testing and training employees to successfully use and maintain Microsoft Dynamics ERP.
· Formulate and create functional specification documentation in close collaboration with Business Process Owners, Application Owners and other D365 Team members
· Helps create and modify business-facing documentation as required (e.g. user manuals, solution briefs, functional summaries).
· Supports End-to-End testing, system integration testing and UAT, defining testing requirements together with the QA & Testing Team members
· Resolves problems with a sense of urgency in order to minimize business disruption. Documents root causes analysis and presents/recommends improvements to minimize future interruptions
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
· 2+ years of experience in Dynamics 365 (D365) Finance & Operations (F&O) modules
· 5+ experience with Dynamics AX 2009
· Experience with an implementation of Dynamics 365 components for the first time
· Experience with coding X++
· Financial Reporting configuration (GL, Chart of accounts, AP/AR, etc.)
· Sales Tax
· Multi-Currency (Canada, Australia)
· Lots of Legal Entities (our client has 50)
· Experience with D365 Projects Module
· Credit Card Processing, Payment Services
· Dealing with High Volume companies, Batch Jobs, Automation/EDI
· Experience with Visual Studio development system
· Experience with MS SQL Server Database and Reporting Services
· Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
The company will only employ candidates who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this position. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future are not eligible for hire.