Electrical Engineering Manager
Our client, a market leader in Medical Device Design and Manufacturing located in the Dallas Texas area, is looking for an Electrical Engineering Manager to join their team on a full-time employee basis. The Electrical Engineering Manager role is heavily focused on managing a technical team of electrical engineers on the design and engineering of new products, fixtures, and development tools for medical devices. This role involves managing the strategic direction of the team including setting best practices and expectations for team members. The ideal Electrical Engineering Manager must have strong project planning and project management skills and be able to meet project deliverables based on departmental and organizational expectations. This role requires the ability to manage a team of highly technical engineers that are focused on designing new products and seeing projects through from concept to launch. The ideal candidate will excel at hiring, training, mentoring, providing leadership opportunities and retaining highly qualified staff members and providing ongoing performance feedback to the team. Communication skills are key as this is a highly visible role within the organization that requires communication with Technical Leads, cross-functional R&D Groups, and different functional areas and levels within the organization. Experience managing teams involved in one of the following areas is a strong plus; the design of implantable devices, the miniaturization of devices, neuromodulation, embedded sensing device engineering, or mobile applications. In return, our client offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and the opportunity for advancement. Relocation and/or sponsorship will be provided for the right candidate if needed.
• 10+ years of relevant electrical engineering experience in the design of embedded PCB assemblies.
• 3+ years of demonstrated experience managing Engineering Teams.
• Demonstrated knowledge of analog and digital circuit design for embedded systems.
• Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering (Master’s Degree or a PhD in highly technical field is preferred).
• Experience with FDA and medical device development.
• RF hardware and/or Bluetooth Low Energy design experience.
• Mixed signal IC development experience.
• Experience with large dataset analysis and/or machine learning tools and techniques.
• Experience providing strategic and technical contributions to regulatory agency submissions.
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities.
• Working knowledge of EN45502-1, IEC 60601-1 and associated standards.