Senior Electrical Engineer – Embedded Systems
Our client, a market leader in Medical Device Design and Manufacturing, located in the Dallas Texas area is looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join their team on a full-time employee basis. This role is heavily focused in the design and engineering of new products, fixtures, and development tools in a fast-paced environment. This role requires that the candidate has a passion for designing new products combined with the ability to learn and apply new technologies. Though entrepreneurial in spirit, this role requires the Senior Electrical Engineer to follow strict design practices and principals in a heavily regulated environment. The ideal candidate will excel at training and mentoring more junior engineers and other team members and possess the communication skills to successfully interact with different functions and levels within the organization. Experience working with the design of implantable devices, the miniaturization of devices, neuromodulation, embedded sensing devices, and mobile applications are all great skills for this role. In return, our client offers excellent benefits, advanced training, and a strong career path.
• Minimum 12+ years of relevant electrical engineering experience in the design of embedded PCB assemblies.
• Extensive hands-on analog and digital circuit design experience for embedded systems, including firmware and software development experience.
• Experience utilizing advanced engineering and scientific principles to circuit designs to reduce design risk and optimize designs.
• The ability to develop models and apply data analysis and statistics to optimize designs.
• Experience solving electromagnetic design challenges through analysis, simulation, and characterization.
• Experience managing teams and mentoring other Design Engineers.
• Experience creating novel design solutions that expand the business’s intellectual property.
• Experience working with internal and external customer needs and the ability to understand and exceed their expectations.
• Experience developing architecture and strategy for analog and digital circuit design for embedded systems.
• Experience conducting root cause analysis for high priority design issues.
• Experience working in a heavily regulated industry and communicating directly with industry regulators (FDA, BSI, etc.) to explain novel designs or technical analysis in support of device submissions.
• Working knowledge of electromagnetic physics and analysis.
• A BS or BA in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or a related field. An advanced degree is highly preferred.
• Design and Engineering experience in the field of neuromodulation.
• Experience with FDA & medical device development
• RF hardware and/or Bluetooth Low Energy design experience
• Position may require up to 15% travel