Job Title: Network Technician
Location: Columbia, SC
Duration: 10 months
Daily Duties / Responsibilities:
· Provide comprehensive support for established SolarWinds implementation.
· Future work will include the installation of an additional Poller, network
· Topology mapper and the engineer s toolkit. Upgrade or install new modules
· To support SolarWinds implementation. Improve use of all modules currently in place.
· Provide both standards and customized reporting for SolarWinds.
· Ensures the integration of all networking devices into SolarWinds.
· Manages threshold implementation.
· At least two (2) years of relevant experience working in a large, complex network environment.
· At least two (2) years of relevant experience managing SolarWinds in a large, complex network environment.
· Knowledge of SNMP and SNMP
· Knowledge of LAN, wan and man design
· Knowledge of data transport such as MPLS and Metro Ethernet
· Knowledge of TCP/IP
· Knowledge of VLANS, 802.1q Trunking
· Knowledge of VOIP design and support
· Knowledge of wireless networking
· Understanding of SQL and databases.
· Knowledge of windows and Linux operating systems.
· Skilled in working on large, complex networks with more than 150 routers/switches/encryption devices.
· Skilled in managing multiple projects at the same time.
· Skilled in using Microsoft office applications including word, excel and Visio.
· Ability to communicate effectively utilizing both verbal and written methods
· Ability to work on multiple tasks with competing priorities.
· Knowledge of ITIL.
· Knowledge of ServiceNow