Senior Maintenance Tech - Level 4 - RT
Tolleson, Arizona, United States
Under general supervision, works independently, performs advance maintenance and repair throughout the warehouse including electrical, refrigeration, ammonia, plumbing, fire protection systems, MHE, and carpentry. May oversee contractors.
• Performs all repair and adjustment of refrigeration system, doors, dock boards, pallet racks, sweepers, sprinkler systems, forklifts, pallet trucks, and electrical work in accordance with OSHA Standards
• Inspects forklifts, pallet jacks, and other operating equipment to ensure compliance with OSHA and operational standards
• Test, maintain, and evaluate equipment performance using instruments such as voltmeters, ohmmeters, pyrometers, and pressure gauges. Test and calibrate HVAC equipment
• Inspects completed work for compliance to blueprints, specifications, and safety standards
• Troubleshoots equipment and recommends corrective action
• Maintain tools and machinery in good condition and use tools and equipment carefully as instructed
• Maintain batteries and charges in working order in accordance with OSHA Standard
• Conducts test of safety equipment (Exit signs, fire extinguishers, sprinkler systems, etc.) to ensure OHSA and operational standards
• Maintains accurate preventive maintenance records
• Follow attendance policy, show up for work on time and ready to work assigned shift
• Answer after hours “call backs” as needed
• Keeps work area clean and performs housekeeping duties as required
• Performs related work and other job assignments as required
Qualifications & Experience:
• High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred
• Candidates with RETA courses required
• HAZMAT trained candidates are preferred. However, as a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to be trained in HAZMAT, obtain and maintain the certification
• Must be certified to test sprinkler systems (if facility has such systems
• Must have a high level of knowledge with OSHA PSM program
• 6 plus years maintenance mechanic experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Fully competent to a high degree in mechanical knowledge
• Ability to work with hands in mechanically oriented situations
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions, as well as interpret pencil sketches and diagrams
• Must be able to work flexible shifts, if required, including overtime
• Must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: they must get along with co-workers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor
• Strong communication skills
• Tools and Technology: Knowledge of various types of equipment in maintenance or other trade experience, ISO, SAP, Microsoft Programs and Forklift Certificate
• May be required to tolerate working environment with inside controlled temperatures of –15 degrees Fahrenheit and outside ambient temperatures (including heat, cold and precipitation)
• Must tolerate heights up to 35 ft. and be able to access elevated platforms and catwalks
• Must be able to climb ladders and stairs
• Frequently required to stand; walk; push; pull; reach with hands and arms; stoop; kneel; and crouch
• Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
• Must be able to use hand and power tools
• Must be able to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, and/or manipulate parts & tools
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception. Either naturally or with the aid of eye glasses
• Able to work nights and weekends
• Able to pass a physical and respiratory exam
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (Submission Summary:
1. Does the candidate have the required 5-7 year minimum experience as a maintenance mechanic?
2. RETA courses are required.
3. List the candidate's completed courses here:
4. Does the candidate have any HAZMAT training? (preferred) If yes, list below: Does the candidate have a basic level of knowledge of OSHA PSM program?
5. Is the candidate able to work flexible shifts, if required, including overtime and nights/weekends if needed?
6. The candidate understands they need to tolerate working environment with inside controlled temperatures of –15 degrees Fahrenheit and outside ambient temperatures (including heat, cold and precipitation)
7. RETA certifications
8. Requires Ammonia knowledge preferred
9. Salary Expectation?
10. US Citizen Or Green Card holder.
11. Complete Current Address?