Civil Section Manager - 1
San Antonio, TX 78006
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
The client is currently seeking a Civil Section Manager for our Southwest Regional Design Center in San Antonio TX.
The Section Manager is primarily responsible for operations and technical leadership of the Civil Section which encompasses design, staff development, workload distribution, profitability, morale, quality control and marketing support.
This position will perform the following activities and tasks:
Manage the technical and operational activities of the San Antonio Facility Design Center civil section and serve as a task/discipline lead on key projects.
Responsible for preparing/reviewing the project budgets for the civil section and tracking budget status.
Schedule and coordinate all work performed by and for the San Antonio civil section.
Establish work priorities for civil staff.
Monitor scope of work and scope changes.
Facilitate and encourage communication with other discipline groups.
Conduct interviews in support of the hiring of new staff for the section and provide new employee mentoring.
Establish employee goals and conduct employee performance reviews.
Schedule and conduct civil section meetings to discuss productivity, work load and quality control issues.
Advance the skill level of personnel through training, education, experience, etc.
Coordinate with the civil section managers of other Design Centers to review workload, project status, and staffing requirements.
Prepare/Review civil engineering scope of work and budgets/estimates for proposals. Monitor changes in codes, regulations and client standards.
Implement the changes into the civil design standards, procedures, and deliverables.
Perform quality control reviews of civil design projects.
Perform project engineer duties when required.
Serve as a Project Manager occasionally and/or Task Lead when applicable.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (Submission Summary):
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering required.
2. Licensed as a professional engineer (PE) is required in the State of Texas
3. 7+ years civil engineering experience as it relates to building site design, including demolition plans, site planning, grading and drainage design, utility design, and civil details.
4. Experience in design calculations, specifications and preparation of construction drawings for industrial, commercial and federal projects.
Strong communication, listening and mentoring skills.
5. Ability to handle multiple assignments.
6. Good leadership and organizational skills.
7. An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
8. Preference given to local candidates.
9. Ability to become license as a PE in other US states’ jurisdictions, through the NCEES or similar is preferred.
10. Proficiency in Civil 3D software is preferred.
11. Salary Expectation?
12. US Citizen or Green Card holder.
13. Complete Current Address?