Mechanical Project Engineer - 1
Oklahoma City, OK 73145
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
This is a leadership position in the Engineering Flight of the 72d Civil Engineer Directorate at Tinker Air Force Base, Oklahoma.
Subject matter expert for mechanical engineering; responsibilities shall include the design and technical review of mechanical systems including, but not limited to; Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) and Controls; Plumbing; Fire Suppression; Natural Gas Distribution; Compression Air, and Material Handling / Specialty Equipment such as cranes, elevators, and diesel prime movers for power generation.
Perform HVAC designs for projects such as single or multi-storied barracks; academic complexes; aircraft flight control or simulation facilities; administrative, dining and multipurpose centers; medical complexes; schools, child development centers; chapels; industrial, manufacturing, and special process facilities; warehouse and storage buildings; machine shops; vehicle, weapons, and fuel cell repair shops; recreation and resource operations buildings; commissaries; refrigeration and cold storage buildings; aircraft corrosion control and paint stripping facilities.
Provide leadership and serve as the principle point of contact for design teams within the Engineering Division for assigned projects from design startup through construction.
Interact with other agency designers, project managers and top agency officials to resolve conflicts in criteria, develop design and contracting strategies which results in advertising, contract award and construction and/or renovation of mission essential facilities.
Produces complete contract packages including, but not limited to independent government estimates, drawings and specifications; manage projects from the design phase through completion of construction/renovation.
Analyze mechanical system design calculations/procedures
Perform Life Cycle Cost Analysis to select the most cost effective building envelop and electrical/mechanical systems
Reviews designs completed internally or by an outside A/E firm
Calculate HVAC building loads using Trane Trace, Carrier HAP, or other building loads calculation programs designed for HVAC and energy simulation
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (Submission Summary):
1. Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited school.
2. At least 7-10 years of mechanical experience
3. Must have a PE
4. Be willing to submit to a background check
5. Knowledge of the Internal Building Code, NFPA Life Safety Code, ASCE 7, AISC Standards, and Unified Facilities Criteria.
6. Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project Schedule).
7. Strong knowledge of codes and good planning skills.
8. Must be able to pass the required government background check to perform the responsibilities HDR has been contracted to perform by the Air Force. In some cases this could mean, but is not limited to needing a Common Access Card network, access, restricted area badge, and/or a DOD security clearance at the Secret level.”
9. Please describe your experience with design for Department of Defense facilities
10. Are you a licenced PE in the state of Oklahoma? If not, in what state was it issued?
11. Salary Expectation?
12. US Citizen or Green Card holder.
13. Complete Current Address?