Tax Manager – SALT – State and Local Tax
Job ID: 0114-007
Industry: Public Accounting
Reports to: Partner
Work/Visa status: citizen, green card or T1
CPA seeking a State and Local Tax Manager for its staff.
· Assist multi-state companies with state and local tax controversies
· Review information presented on state sales and use tax returns before, during, and after preparation.
· Assist multi-state companies with analyzing state tax considerations/impacts related to business restructuring projects
· Represent clients before the IRS, at various levels of federal tax controversy from examination through appeals and into post appeals mediation and arbitration.
· General involvement and management of IRS audits,
· Assist clients with voluntary disclosures to the IRS to correct compliance errors involving missed filings, withholding tax errors and other similar issues
· Assist with targeted business development and the management and delivery of SALT services
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (Submission Summary:
1. Minimum of 7 years of experience in public accounting and/or government taxation authorities performing tax research and providing technical advice on multi-state and federal tax issues. 1+ years of commercial audit experience is a plus.
· 2. Bachelor's degree, J.D., LL.M. in Accounting/Taxation, and/or Master's in Taxation (MST) from an accredited college/university
· 3. Licensed CPA, attorney and/or progress toward Certified Member of the Institute for Professionals in Taxation (CMI) designation
· 4. Experience working for or dealing with the government in the tax controversy space or controversy experience in another public accounting firm, law firm and/or corporate controversy experience
· 5. Excellent research and written and verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate complex tax issues
· 6. Ability to develop business and foster client relationships
7. Ability and desire to perform in a high-energy team environment
8. Salary Expectation? (Salary Range: $100k - $135k)
9. US Citizen or Green Card holder.
10. Complete Current Address?