Position Title Small Project Manager – Mechanical Contracting - NJ #5564
Location Ewing, NJ
• Maintain standards for SAFETY, QUALITY, and CONSTRUCTION
• Provide estimates for small projects and/or work with estimating team to develop project estimates for large design/build projects. Develop detailed project plans and schedules based on awarded jobs. Review the budget and timetable and enter into the Sage 300 (Timberline) system.
• Forecast job requirements to assist the company to manage resources.
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously as requested by management.
• Review materials, equipment, and personnel required for all tasks to insure the critical path meets customer expectations; manage projects to beat estimates, while meeting all quality and safety requirements at all times. Purchase or rent equipment as appropriate in conjunction with the purchasing department.
• Review Subcontractor quotes and progress on jobs. Monitor subcontractor performance to plans, specifications, schedules, and budgets.
• Review job progress with Foreman daily, including reports on labor use, materials and equipment.
• Identify opportunities to utilize the shop for fabrication of sheet metal or piping in-house versus in the field.
• Utilize Sage 300 (Timberline) construction management software to plan and track projects.
• Report progress at weekly company reviews; report to GC’s, owners or other customers as requested.
• Prepare safety plans, submittals, permit requests as required.
• Identify opportunities to reduce cost, minimize risk, or improve schedules. Maintain and surpass project profitability requirements.
• Coordinate or schedule inspections as appropriate. Review start-ups as appropriate.
• Meet regularly with customers to review performance. Conduct post audits on large projects to determine area that went well or need improvement as part of a continuous improvement effort. Act as the liaison with the Prime Contractor (GC) or Owner.
• Insure all and GC policies and procedures are followed in the field.
• Insure all Pre and Post project documentation is accurate and complete. (As Built drawings; etc.)
• Prepare change-orders on a timely basis and insure is protected fiscally at all times. Additional work requires signed change orders or PO’s. Add and track all change orders for all jobs managed.
• While managing projects, look for additional projects that can potentially be done on a design/build or service basis.
• Examine the potential to have obtain service contracts for all construction projects completed.
• Insure all projects are documented heavily. In the event there are conflicts with other contractors, the GC, or the owner, alert management and follow acknowledged legal processes to reduce exposure and insure is paid for all work performed.
• Assist the Finance department in the collection of Accounts Receivable; insure Punch lists are completed in a timely fashion, so that retainage can be collected.
• Assist with field supervision, mentoring, and personnel assessment. Identify training opportunities and recommend actions to the VP of Operations.
• BS in mechanical engineering or engineering technology (or equivalent job experience.)
• Minimum of 5 year experience in commercial or industrial construction project management
• Ability to read blueprints and CAD drawings; CAD experience is a plus. (2D and 3D solids)
• Experience with HVAC systems, Plumbing, Electrical, Controls, Fire & Safety systems is required. Refrigeration experience is a plus.
• Experience with LEEDS, Clean Tech (Dehumidification, solar, Co-Gen, etc.) is a plus.
• Must be experienced with complex project scheduling, takeoffs, value engineering, purchasing and change orders.
• Demonstrated ability with project management software. Sage 300 (Timberline) and Microsoft Project are a Plus; PMP certification is a PLUS.
• Computer Proficiency is required, including Microsoft Office (Excel, WORD, PowerPoint), and the ability to work remotely via laptop, iPad, or iPhone.
• A background in Estimating.
• Perform other tasks as required by the management.
• Possess a driver’s license in good standing with reliable transportation.
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. BS in mechanical engineering or engineering technology (or equivalent job experience).
2. 5+ years of experience in commercial or industrial construction project management.
3. Ability to read blueprints and CAD drawings; CAD experience is a plus. (2D and 3D solids).
4. Demonstrated ability with project management software. Sage 300 (Timberline) and Microsoft Project are a Plus; PMP certification is a PLUS.
5. Experience with HVAC systems, Plumbing, Electrical, Controls, Fire & Safety systems is required. Refrigeration experience is a plus.
6. Experience with LEEDS, Clean Tech (Dehumidification, solar, Co-Gen, etc.) is a plus.
6. Must be local.