$35,477 / yr or higher DOQ + Full-Time County Benefits. James City County Financial and Management Services Department seeks an individual to perform responsible work maintain, interpreting, and analyzing financial data for James City County to identify trends or patterns, and examine alternative techniques or solutions for risk management, accounting, budget, purchasing, and real estate assessments.
• Collects, interprets, and analyzes statistical information; uses statistical programs/resources to create and maintain tabulations, graphical summaries and formal statistical estimates and tests; researches and explores use of external data sets and model how they can be applied to improve current processes.
• Maintains data and construct datasets for appropriate analytics and analysis as needed; uses data analytics and linear regression techniques to identify trends and graphically display statistics and results.
• Assists with identifying opportunities and methods for identifying data related to programs and initiatives.
• Prepares written and oral reports and presentations to convey data trends and associated analysis.
• Assists with technology support in daily operations; provides administrative support to the department.
• Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, finance, data analytics, statistics, information technology, risk management, or related field.
• Must possess or obtain within thirty (30) days of hire a valid Virginia driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record based on James City County’s criteria.
• Knowledge of general research methods and statistical techniques; knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service including setting and meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Skill in the use of computer software, especially Microsoft Office Suite; problem analysis and resolution; clearly presenting technical information.
• Ability to prepare forecasts using various methods; work with various amounts of numerical data, facts, and figures and analyze to find conclusions; translate and communicate datasets effectively both orally and in writing; determine and identify correct conclusions based on information collected; work on several projects simultaneously and meet deadlines; work collaboratively and maintain effective working relationships with County officials, employees, and the public.
Accepting applications until 11:59pm EST on 9/14/2019 or when filled, whichever comes first. Only online applications to our website will be considered. To apply, please visit the James City County Career Center at jobs.jamescitycountyva.gov