PLANT ENGINEER/MAINTENANCE MANAGER-Food Processing
Salem, OR area
The Plant Engineer/Maintenance Manager is responsible for administering all aspects of the Maintenance Department and for facilities management.
• Oversees the maintenance of production equipment and plant facilities.
• Train/supervise Maintenance personnel in GMPs, safety and facility regulatory compliance.
• Interfaces with the Production, Labeling & Shipping departments to maintain, repair, overhaul & replace equipment and facilities.
• Specifies and purchases supplies, parts, equipment & systems for the upkeep of equipment and facilities.
• Obtains estimates or bids and specifies outside maintenance services and contractors for maintenance, repair and replacement of equipment and facilities.
• Participates in the HACCP, Safety & Apprenticeship committees.
• Monitors maintenances costs and efficiencies, and implements equipment replacement.
• Schedules maintenance personnel shift hours in cooperation with Production and Labeling & Shipping departments.
• Helps maintain compliance with OSHA and other government regulations in regards to equipment safety and maintenance, employee training, etc.
• Selects and purchases maintenances tools & equipment.
• Selects and purchases production & labeling equipment.
• Maintains punctual, regular and predictable attendance.
• Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
• Displays excellent communication skills including presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills required in working with vendors & coworkers]and including the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure.
• Directly supervises 5 - 8 employees in the Maintenance Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Engineering
• 6-10 yrs of plant engineering, maintenance and facilities engineering.
• Experience with food processing and/or packaging equipment systems.
• Leadership, team building skills.
• Lean, Six Sigma experience.
• Plant OSHA and Safety knowledge.
Email resume as MS Word doc attachment direct with targeted salary range or call: