Senior Accountant – Development Division
Our client, a prominent Real Estate Developer, Commercial Construction and Property Management Company in Rockville, Maryland, is seeking an experienced, self-motivated Senior Accountant to contribute to their dynamic Development Team in their Montgomery County Headquarters.
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for all accounting activities related to assigned development projects.
Includes, but is not limited to:
• Generating and maintaining cost reports
• Providing cash flow forecasts
• Preparing and submitting monthly equity/debt draw packages
• Maintaining GAAP financial statements
• Reviewing and abstracting operating agreements and loan agreements to verify proper treatment
• Reviewing Operating Agreements, Financial Statements and Job Costs
• Tax work papers
• Experience with Acquisitions and Real Estate Development
• Experience with complex Equity and Loan Draws
• Enterprise accounting
• Substantial experience with Audit and Tax Documentation
• Other projects as assigned
The ideal candidate is comfortable interacting with all levels of internal and external clients.
This position requires the ability to work independently and proactively.
Public accounting or similar commercial real estate accounting experience preferred.
Qualifications & Experience
• Computer Proficient
• 5 years + Public Accounting or Real Estate Development Accounting
• 5 years +Sage Timberline, Sage 300, MS Office
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or higher
• CPA Designation Preferred
• Medical, Dental and Vison Insurance
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Long-Term Disability Insurance - Company Paid
• Short-Term Disability
• Life Insurance up to three times annual salary - Company Paid
• Life Insurance - voluntary supplemental – for self, spouse, and dependents
• 401(k) Plan -Vested
• Tuition Assistance
• Sick Leave
• Vacation Leave
• Holidays – eight per year
• Voluntary Income Replacement Plans – Personal Accident, Personal Cancer Protection, and Personal Hospital Intensive Care are currently offered
• Direct Payroll Deposit
• Discretionary Annual Bonus
• Employee Referral Program
• Legal Resources Plan
If you have the experience as a Senior Accountant and you can offer drive, commitment, and enthusiasm, we look forward to hearing from you.
Those applicants who are successful in moving forward to the screening process will be asked to email a list of at least three professional references, to include former supervisors, who will be contacted to verify your work experience, attitude, integrity and ethics.
The successful candidate for this position will be required to undertake testing for Illegal Substances and will be required to pass a Criminal Background Check.
This position is open only to those legally entitled to work in the United States.
Relocation is not offered for this position.
Please attach a Microsoft Word version of your resume to your application.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing law.