Principal Engineer Summary
This section contains a list of five to eight primary responsibilities of this role that account for 5% or more of the work. The incumbent will perform other duties assigned.
1) With minimal guidance, schedules and leads a team through the planning and execution of a smaller project or defined piece of a larger project. This includes constructing detailed, accurate project schedules, interfacing with development groups and technical support groups.
2) Devises new approaches to complex problems through adaptations and modifications of standard technical principles.
3) Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
4) Supervises/coordinates an engineer and/or technicians on assigned work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. List knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
1) Display a solid understanding of theories/practices utilized by other disciplines outside primary area of expertise.
2) Ability to convince management on courses of action with minimal assistance using both written and verbal methods.
3) Effectively operate in and may facilitate cross-functional teams with guidance.
4) Must be able to provide solutions that reflect understanding business objectives and cost implications. Education / Experience Bachelors of Science in Engineering 5 - 8 years recent, related experience in a regulated industry
Software: Microsoft: Word, Excel, Outlook; Track wise 8; any experience with Stats software a plus.
Option for role to be extended or going perm: nothing formal at this point, but from project timeline, appears opportunity for extension