We have partnered with a large construction company in the Eden Prairie, MN area to provide them with Project Manager.
• Working from the initial conceptual mechanical design to completion of large and small mechanical projects.
• Plan, schedule, conduct and coordinate mechanical engineering work, including supervision of the design and progress of a project.
• Resolve a variety of complex problems.
• Provide teaching and mentor-ship to other team members.
• Ensure a safe work environment.
• Serve as a liaison between clients and agencies, contractors, design teams, etc.
• Review project contract documents.
• Provide technical guidance and supervise the work of other engineers and technical support personnel.
• Work with other company leaders to assist with the growth of the company through marketing and business development.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management, or equivalent.
• 5+ years of progressive work experience in the mechanical engineering field, specializing in plumbing, piping and sheet metal.
• Proven successful mechanical contracting project management skills.
• Significant understanding of business development, client management, financial performance, staff development, and overseeing the quality of our products and services.
• Must have a thorough understanding of industry practices, processes, standards, etc., and their impact on project activities.
• Strong project management skills, including documentation, cost control, procurement, scheduling, change orders, estimating, pricing, and negotiation skills.
• Ability to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance; must have previous experience directing or providing guidance to others.
• Excellent MS Office skills and ability/drive to learn new software systems.
• LEED accreditation is a plus.