The Senior Business Manager is responsible for developing the overall plans/programs for complex products or brands, or significant segments thereof. This role is responsible for delivering the financial success of products category to include; top-line volume and bottom line margin growth. Assist in the development of new/existing products and markets in order to effectively contribute to the achievement of the company's business and marketing objectives. The incumbent must be an expert in category market intelligence and is the organizational resource in product category technical expertise.
Responsibilities and tasks are written as follows:
• Direct P&L responsibility for all brands within the category
• Financial forecasting
• Pricing strategy and tactics
• Execute risk management strategies
• Oversight of category level direction and goals by brand, type, customer
• Execute market share initiatives
• Drive PBT rate objectives
• Develop and execute trade strategies
• Council on new item development and drive innovation execution
• Liaison with Sales and Internal stakeholders (Trade, Demand & Supply, Operations, Logistics)
• In field sales support function for category expertise
• Considered the category expert over a segment. Strategy & tactical development around category goals.