THE OPPORTUNITY: Infusion Specialist – Medical Assistant
THE LOCATION: Wake Forest, North Carolina
Ready for a change? We have an excellent, full time opportunity available for an Infusion Specialist/Medical Assistant to join our team in Wake Forest, North Carolina. This Hematology-Oncology practice is very stable and well established. The focus is on providing the absolute highest level of quality patient care and the staff is friendly and team oriented to work with.
You will meet, greet, triage and place peripheral IV lines to get ready for their treatment infusions. When infusions are complete, you’ll be flushing IV lines, remove angio-catheters and placing pressure dressings.
– Administer IV, IM, SC therapy
– Record vital signs, document current medications, obtain chief complaints, take and transpose HPI, medical, family, and social history into the electronic medical records and complete the clinical notes on a daily basis
– Account for medical prescription refill and provide medication instructions as needed
– Proper documentation of infusion procedure in EMR
– Order medications and supplies as needed for infusions and injections
– Coordinate schedule for infusion and injection appointments
– Communicate with physician/physician assistant regarding patient symptoms, possible infusion reactions, medications, etc.
– Excellent compensation
– Monday-Friday: 8am-3pm some weekend work required (5 hours on Saturday when required)
– Genome technology utilized
– Great reputation in the community
– Practice is experiencing growth
– Excellent mentoring environment
– MA, IV Tech or Phlebotomist license or certification is required
– At least 1 year of experience administering injections is needed
– Computerized documentation experience is required
– Strong desire to specialize in hematology-oncology required
– 3 professional references are required
- All candidates MUST be proficient in typing clinical notes start to finish
- All candidates must have phlebotomy experience
- IV experience is a plus!
$500 REFERRAL FEE if you recommend a candidate who is hired full time. Please share with friends and colleagues.