Spectrum Healthcare Resources has an opportunity for a civilian PRN Mammography Tech at Ft. Belvoir Family Health Center in Fairfax, VA. This position provides mammography services in support of patient care and treatment.
PRN Mammography Tech Job Requirements:
• Must be a U.S. Citizen.
• Must have Saturday availability.
• Successful completion of a program of formal education from an accredited school of radiologic technology as recommended by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology, which has been approved by the Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation (CAHEA).
• Possess and maintain a current American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) certification.
• Minimum of one-year current experience in clinical applications such as screening and diagnostic mammograms and breast specimen radiography and have familiarity with radiographic equipment.
• Possess a thorough knowledge of radiation protection standards, devices and techniques, including concepts of accumulated dosage and genetic change, effects of radiation on living organisms and the effects of x-ray technical factors on patients and operator exposure.
• Have and maintain current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS).
• Shall be able to read, write, and speak English well enough to effectively communicate with patients and other staff members.
• Have knowledge of computer operations and proficiency in the use of basic word processing, data entry, and automated records.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources (SHR) was established in 1988 to deliver systems and processes designed to meet the unique needs of Military and VA Health Systems. SHR is a leading organization that provides physician and clinical staffing and management services to United States Military Treatment Facilities, VA clinics and other Federal Agencies through various contracting vehicles. A Joint Commission Health Care Staffing Services firm, SHR is the military staffing division of TeamHealth, a Nationwide organization that serves 850 civilian and military hospitals with a team of 9,600 affiliated health care professionals.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.