BTL Technologies, Inc. is a Texas corporation that provides contract staff augmentation to various government agencies in the United States. The company is headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, with operations at government facilities in eight (8) states. Our mission is to seamlessly partner with our customers to advance their mission by investing in the knowledge and capabilities of our Team Members.
Supervise project staff onsite, provide technical guidance on work assignments, independently perform major segments of engagement, act as liaison between project staff and project manager, and perform assigned tasks related to the engagement. The Oracle DBA will support system oriented-financial statement audit readiness tasks in support of the client's overall effort to become CFO Act compliant and obtain an unqualified opinion on its financial statements.
• Balancing and adjusting workloads to ensure software products are "patched" and upgraded in a successful manner, considering and addressing all security guidance, rules and regulations, standards and industry best practices.
• Provide support for Oracle Database Servers hosted on Windows Server 2008 and 2012, Unix/Linux Servers, VMware, and other virtualization software as well as database administration (Microsoft SQL 2008, SQL 2012, and Oracle.
• Working collaboratively with clients including application/business owners and their support contractors to maintain and update systems as required.
• Maintaining security patches and reducing or eliminating security vulnerabilities as directed and approved by the customer.
• Working with application owners and their support team to balance and schedule workload, identify performance bottlenecks and identify system interdependencies to prevent the formation of performance problems.
• Review and evaluate computer-based systems, audit general and application controls in complex information technology environments, and perform other duties relevant to the engagement.
• Analyze legacy systems for compliance to OSD FIAR Guidance
• Analyze software systems and document requirements per FIAR methodology.
• Conduct assessments and Identify weaknesses
• Propose/test/implement solutions
• Coordinate efforts with financial statement audit resources and other integrated process teams focused on improving client's back-office operations including contracting, supply chain/asset management, and human resources
• Participate in FISCAM related activities such as evaluating Access, Security, Configuration Management, Segregation of Duties, Contingency, and Business Application controls.
• Assist in presentations within required review and approval processes.
• Assist program and project personnel in the Financial Management Process within life cycle management of specified systems.
• Analyze and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility and conformity to standards for procedures, guides, templates and forms.
• Effectively communicate with program and project personnel conveying expertise in a format that can be understood and is accepted by all personnel.
• Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in financial systems across the organization.
• Position requires the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
Formal Education & Certification
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical field from an accredited college or university.
• CISSP, CISM, or CISA Certification candidate required.
• Minimum of 4 years of information security, and 8 years Oracle experience. audit, accounting, or financial and management advisory services experience. Proficient knowledge of RMF; DIACAP.
Knowledge & Experience
• Knowledge of system-oriented audit experience (FISCAM, FISMA) with two years experience required.
• Knowledge of Oracle database experience.
• Knowledge of System Implementation Audit with two years experience required.
• Knowledge of NIST SP800-53, CNSSI 1253, ICD 503 with 1-year experience preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office Software Suite products required.
• Extensive practical knowledge in importing data for use in report software, spreadsheets, graphs, and flow charts required.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment required.
• Excellent understanding of organizational goals and objectives desired.
• Good project management skills.
• Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
• Excellent listening, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
• Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
• Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
• Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
• Highly self motivated and directed.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Normal working hours will be an eight (8) hour day, five (5) days per week (Monday – Friday 8AM-5PM).
• Occasional work support during other than normal hours (i.e., evening and weekend to meet deadlines).
• May be required to travel in support of system development.
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard or mouse, and to handle other computer components.
• Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
Contact: Debra Kent - 216-870-3177