$11.87 / hour, On-Call position available.
James City County Financial and Management Services Department is seeking an individual to perform responsible work sorting, metering, and delivering mail to County and school buildings.
• Pick up mail from the post office and deliver to the Government Center; sort interoffice and United States Postal Service (USPS) mail items and deliver mail to all County and School locations.
• Sort, pick up, and/or deliver intra-agency correspondence, U.S. mail, flyers, and brochures to department sites, public/private businesses, and schools within the County.
• Assist departments with U.S. postal mailings as necessary; interpret postal lists and USPS mail services as required; meter and batch U.S. mail; forward undeliverable mail to the department’s administrative personnel for processing.
• Perform visual inspection and operational safety checks of assigned vehicle daily; report repair needs; report traffic hazards, accidents, and other conditions requiring attention, including cleanliness.
• Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma, and some experience in general clerical work.
• Must possess, or be able to obtain within 30 day so of hire, a valid Virginia driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record based on James City County’s criteria.
• Skill in handling multiple priorities and organizing workload; sorting mail with accuracy and speed, operating mail office equipment, and making simple mathematical computations.
• Ability to maintain and secure confidential materials.
Accepting applications until 11:59pm EST on 06/21/2019. Only online applications to our website will be considered. To apply, please visit the James City County Career Center at jobs.jamescitycountyva.gov