$13,270 / year + Part-Time County Benefits (20 hours / week). James City County Social Services seeks an individual to perform responsible work providing administrative support for the Housing Office.
• Provides first point of customer service to the public and to employees, in person, by telephone and online, answers routine questions regarding departmental policies and procedures, programs or services.
• Produces letters, memoranda, reports, forms, invoices and purchase orders, working from rough drafts, voice recordings, hand written notes, oral instructions or established procedures.
• Follows established procedures to provide complete and accurate documentation as required by funding agencies.
• Participates in regional efforts to coordinate data collection on homeless; and maintains files and record management systems in accordance with federal and state requirements.
• Attends meetings and takes, transcribes, compiles and distributes minutes as needed; and assists with planning events, creating brochures and newsletters.
• Monitors office supply stocks and equipment maintenance and orders necessary supplies in accordance with procurement requirements.
• Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma, associate’s degree in public administration, business, or related field preferred; and some experience in responsible administrative support and office work.
• Must possess, or be able to obtain within 30 days of hire, a valid Virginia driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record based on James City County’s criteria.
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service including setting and meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Skill in use of computer software, especially Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to maintain complex records, to assemble and organize data and to prepare reports from such records; ability to communicate with other employees and the public in an effective and courteous manner.
Accepting applications until 11:59pm EST on 09/07/2019 or when filled, whichever comes first. Only online applications to our website will be considered. To apply, please visit the James City County Career Center at jobs.jamescitycountyva.gov