Come work in China!
A children’s after-school training center in Shenzhen is looking for a professional male teacher with experience teaching children ages 3-15 years old. Must be from a native English-speaking country, such as: USA, Canada, UK, Australia, etc. Preferably under 35 years old.
• One-year full time contract
• Z Visa provided (requirements below)
• Expect 35-40 working hours per week, with a maximum of 22 teaching hours*
• Non-teaching office hours will be used for preparation and planning
• Working hours are 1-9pm during weekdays, 9am-6pm during weekend days**
*Classes are 90 minutes – so your actual number of classes per week is between 14 and 15. Each class has a 5-10-minute break midway through.
** Yes, weekends are work days, so your two days off would be during the week – likely Wednesday and Thursday, but this is open to discussion.
Salary & Benefits
• Salary range of 17000-22000 RMB / month, depending on your skills and experience
• Housing assistance provided (details to come)
• Flight reimbursement of 6000 RMB
• Visa cost coverage / reimbursement
• Half-pay for all national Chinese holidays
• Airport pick-up
• One week paid hotel provided upon arrival to ease the transition and allow time to settle and find a permanent apartment
Salary paid on the 10th of each month, for the previous month of work.
Steps to apply:
1. Reply to this ad with your resume/CV and photo
2. Download the WeChat App. You’ll need this app if you want to function in China, so go ahead and download it now
3. Add me by searching my ID: (provided later)
4. I’ll ask you to send a short video introducing yourself
5. Pre-interview via skype or wechat video call
6. Formal interview with school director via skype or wechat video call
Roles, Responsibilities & Other Important Info:
In this position you’ll be dealing with young children (and their parents), so a warm and welcoming personality is just as important as skills and experience. In fact, while we hope to employ a highly qualified individual, personability is prerequisite #1.
This is a brand-new training center, only open about 6 months. The early stages of marketing were quite successful, and there is already a nearly full schedule of classes; but in these early stages, a large part of your role will be making a positive first impression on potential new students and their parents. On weekends, the school holds free demo classes for local children who are interested in studying English. These demo classes are critically important for the training center. You will be expected to shine during these sessions. More info to come.
For regularly scheduled classes, you may be asked to be involved in some lesson planning and design. The younger children, ages 3-8, are using a curriculum from McGraw Hill, and the Chinese teaching assistant (whom will always be in class with you) does most of the preparation and planning for this. However, for older children who often come for 1:1 lessons, you will be more involved in tailoring these lesson plans to the individual needs of the students.
There may be some slight variation depending on your country of origin, but generally speaking the requirements to work legally in China are:
• College Degree
• Health and background check
• Valid passport with at least 1 year remaining and 3 blank visa pages
• 2 years of (provable) relevant work experience, or 120-hour TEFL/TESOL certification
We look forward to hearing from you!