International Tax Manager
Looking for an international tax manager with a solid understanding of international tax laws and regulations. Needs to understand international tax consulting and compliance. Will spend a great deal of time reviewing tax returns as well as researching and analyzing tax law, regulations, and decisions to propose the most effective strategies for compliance while maximizing profits and minimizing costs. International tax managers also assist with tax audits and managing any issues with local, state/regional or national authorities. Additionally, this position involves managing coworkers through day-to-day department management and/or with individual project management.
The primary focus will be on entrepreneurial individuals and the businesses that they own, cross border tax planning for wealthy families and trusts, and transactional consulting.
* Developing, motivating, and training associates and senior associates;
* Keeping up-to-date in current tax practices;
* Developing and sustaining client relationships;
* Reviewing compliance;
* Performing and reviewing tax consulting and research; and
* Contributing to a positive team environment.
* CPA or Bar Admission
* 5+ years of general tax experience, including 2+ years of international tax, from public or private sector
* Compliance and consulting experience
* Prior supervisory experience required
* BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance or JD/LLM in Tax
* Proficient with tax compliance; including corporate taxation, partnerships, and individuals