Duties: Create new features and enhance functionality on a mission critical Tradeweb Direct software platform. Adapt and extend existing re-usable components and libraries. Develop high quality software while meeting deadlines. Assist with rollout and post production support. Present ideas for system improvements. Design or upgrade existing software to ensure product performance and quality expectations are met. Design and develop Java components following standard object oriented and functional design principles, leveraging frameworks and technologies such as Spring, Multi-threading & concurrency and scalable distributed computing. Actively participate in design reviews and code peer reviews and help establish best practices. Work with internal stakeholders to clarify project requirements and specifications during development, testing and post-production. Apply debugging skills and analysis to track down issues in existing applications and implement fixes. Profile existing Java applications, identity bottlenecks and inefficient code, devise solutions to these problems and ensure best possible performance and quality. Developing Proof of Concepts (PoCs) to assess new technologies / ideas.
Requirements: Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or a directly related field plus five (5) years of Core Java development experience. Experience must include:
Five (5) years of experience with the following (experience may be gained concurrently):
• Advanced Java coding skills with focus on low latency, high throughput, multithreaded computing
• Software Design Patterns
• Object Oriented and Functional programming
• Data structures
• Concurrent Programming
• Socket programming
• RESTFul Web Services
• Experience working in a Test Driven Development and Agile Environment with large scale distributed systems
• Experience with Spring Framework, Java Persistence API Frameworks such as Servlet API and J2EE application servers, including Tomcat
• Optimizing Java applications for memory and performance, GC tuning
• Experience with modern development tools and systems, including Git, Maven / Gradle / JIRA / Bamboo, Eclipse / IntelliJ IDEA, JVisualVM and familiarity with job scheduling systems including Control-M
• Relational databases like Oracle database or MSSQL Server
• Creating complex SQL queries, SQL query tuning, DB indexes and PL/SQL programming.
Three (3) years of experience with the following (experience may be gained concurrently):
• *Nix command line, shell scripting and Python
• Experience using middleware technologies including JMS queues, IBM WebSphere MQ, Apache Kafka, Redis
40 hrs per week. 9am to 5:00pm. Monday - Friday.
Please copy and paste your resume in the email body do not send attachments, we cannot open them and email them at candidates at placementservicesusa.com with reference #2701273 in the subject line.