Location: Irving, TX
Duration: 12 months
ANY LOCAL CANDIDATES OR THOSE WILLING TO COME IN ON THEIR OWN.
This nationwide industry leader has an immediate 6-12+ month contract opportunity (with strong chance for extension and/or conversion) in Irving, TX for a Senior Java Software Engineer. This position requires strong back-end Core Java experience, Microservices, and Web Services. Strong preference for experience deploying applications into AWS. Will work on a development team that builds and delivers software-based services. This team is transforming an existing platform from an on premise, monolithic, closed architecture system to a modern, open, micro-services, cloud based system. Working on this team will give you the opportunity to craft software in an Agile, team-focused environment while learning and exercising a multitude of skills. This team focuses on keeping developers happy and productive; fostering a positive atmosphere to help you make the right decisions and to learn and grow both professionally and personally.
*This position requires working in the office Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm or 8:30am-5:30pm. Business casual work environment.
• Adhere to rules established to enforce test-driven/behavior-drive development, maintaining wiki pages, code style, and code group/peer review.
• Analyze requirements and technical specifications, and implement assigned development tasks using various web technologies.
• Be a team player, someone who can communicate both orally and through our various written communication mechanisms.
• Be able to work under the supervision of a more senior engineer, completing tasks with the expected degree of quality in a timely fashion.
• Develop, maintain, and debug cloud based micro-service APIs.
• Maintain and extend existing on-premise software systems.
• Be able to dig in and troubleshoot pre and post production issues.
• Bachelor’s (BSc) in engineering, computer science, or related field; master’s preferred.
• 5+ years of experience as a Java software developer with experience in multiple development languages and platforms delivering multiple commercially deployed products to market. (Experience with Java 1.7+ is required. Java 1.8 preferred.)
• Strongly prefer experience deploying applications into an AWS environment.
• Microservices and Web Services experience.
• Experience with Cloud development and deployment best practices on AWS (ECS, EC2, ECR, Lambda, VPC, S3, and IoT).
• Experience with Linux, HTTP, REST, JSON and IP technologies.
• Experience with data driven applications and the technologies to manage big data.
• Experience with development in an agile workflow utilizing TDD/BDD best practices in a continuous integration environment.
• Able to work within a Git/Gitflow-based multi-branched software environment.
• Proficient computer skills, experience with the Atlassian Development Suite (Confluence, Jira, BitBucket), Microsoft Office Suite (Visio, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel).
• Works well with others and is a skilled communicator both written and oral; acts with professionalism both in person and when working on the phone with partners.
• Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and work under shifting deadlines with potentially ambiguous or nebulous requirements in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Experience working in an agile software development organization; Scrum and/or Kanban.
• Ability and willingness to learn new technologies and skills.
• Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
• Angular.js, AWS (Amazon Web Services), Cloud, Linux, Web Services
• Python; IP Telephony; Test Driven Development; Jira; MS Office; AWS (Amazon Web Services)